So I decided the other day that I wanted to bake cupcakes. I thought that vanilla cupcakes would be a little too boring, so I searched the internet in order to find the perfect recipe. And gingerbread cupcakes seemed right up my street!
I thought I would share the recipe with you and because I’m so proud of how they turned out you can also enjoy all the pictures!
150 g butter, room temperature
150 g soft brown sugar
150 g self-raising flour
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1 tbsp milk
For the Icing:
200 g butter, at room temperature
50 g soft brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
200 g icing sugar
pinch ground cinnamon
- Set the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cream the butter and sugar together and then sieve in the flour and spices.
- Gradually mix the beaten eggs and milk in.
- Place the cupcakes cases into the tray and then spoon the mixture in.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
For the icing:
- Put 50g of the butter into a saucepan with the sugar. Mix it constantly on a low heat until it’s melted. Then add 2tbsp of milk. Leave it to cool.
- Mix the sugar, butter and cinnamon together. Add the milk and the toffee mixture into it.
- Fill it into a piping bag and pipe the cupcakes however you want!!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you want more recipe posts just let me know! Don’t forget to show me the photos if you choose to make these!